The Harvey Media Center (HMC) Student Photographer is responsible for taking high-quality headshots, studio portraits, and candid/event photographs. This position plays an integral role in providing imagery that consistently adheres to HMC and client standards.
- Shoot, process, and store photographs for Harvey Media Center and HMC Creative clients
- Track and keep precise records of workflows and timelines
- Work in tandem with other photographers and HMC staff to complete work on time
- Ensure the satisfaction of clients by creating stellar work and providing customer service at the highest levels
- Build a relationship with clients
- Work from the Harvey Media Center front desk when needed
The HMC Student Photographer position reports to the Communications Coordinator for Campus Life. All student assistants ultimately report to the Executive Director of Campus Life and works collaboratively with all members of Campus Life.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- A general understanding of photographic composition
- Familiarity with operating digital SLR cameras
- Novice or better knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- High ability for thorough communications
- Ability to work on a team
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be comfortable working with deadlines
- Willingness to learn new project management systems
- Must be able to provide customer service to Harvey Media Center standards
- Maintain a neat and clean work area
- Assist University Center staff with additional requests as they arise.
The HMC Student Photographer will work a flexible schedule tailored to the needs of the Harvey Media Center and the availability of the student. A minimum of 10 hours per week are required.