- Studio 350 is available for reservation by anyone in the Washington University community. The space can be reserved with or without the use of the in-house recording equipment.
- Reservations made for Studio 350 without the use of the in-house recording equipment requires the client to provide their own equipment and recording technology. Audio equipment and cameras can be rented through HMC Media Rentals.
- Reservations made for Studio 350 that include the use of the in-house recording equipment will require an HMC Tech to be present for the duration of the reservation. Additional charges do apply when a technician is required. Use of the in-house recording equipment without prior authorization from HMC Staff is strictly forbidden.
- Users are allowed to provide their own studio technician with prior approval from HMC Staff.
- Only the HMC Tech may handle the Studio 350 in-house recording equipment, unless the reserving party has been trained or authorized by HMC Staff.
- Furniture within Studio 350 may be moved to accommodate the client’s needs. Any additional furniture brought in to Studio 350 must be returned to its original location at the end of the reservation.
- The reserving party is responsible for ensuring that all furniture is returned to its proper location and the studio is left clean and organized at the end of their reservation. Any damages to the studio or equipment will be charged directly to the reserving party.
The HMC Video Studio is available for reservation by anyone in the Washington University community. The space can be reserved with or without the use of the Control Room and studio cameras.
Reservations made for the HMC Video Studio without the use of the Control Room and studio cameras requires the client to provide their own equipment and recording technology. Cameras and audio equipment can be rented through HMC Media Rentals. Clients will still have access to the in-studio lighting and any furniture/set pieces.
Reservations made for the HMC Video Studio with the use of the Control Room and studio cameras will require an HMC Tech to be present for the duration of the reservation. Use of the Control Room equipment without prior authorization from HMC Staff is strictly forbidden.
Only the HMC Tech may handle the Control Room equipment unless the reserving party has been trained or authorized by HMC Staff.
Repositioning of lighting on the overhead lighting grid is prohibited without prior authorization from HMC Staff.
Furniture within the HMC Video Studio may be moved to accommodate the client’s needs. It is prohibited, however, to move blue background set piece from the north wall without authorization from HMC Staff. Any additional furniture brought in to the Studio must be returned to its original location at the end of the reservation.
The reserving party is responsible for ensuring that all equipment used is returned to its proper location and the studio is left clean and organized at the end of their reservation.
- All sessions must first be requested through EMS at least two weeks in advance of the requested date(s). Requests are not approved until a confirmation email is sent to the requesting party. Please allow 48 hours after submitting a request to receive an email confirmation.
- Reservations made within 24 hours of the start time of the requested date(s) are not guaranteed to be approved.
- Studio reservations cancelled within 24 hours of the start time of the reservation will be subject to a charge of 50% of the full reservation cost. In the event of a client no-show, the full reservation cost will be charged. Additional charges for the cancellation of tech time may apply.
- Rental reservations cancelled within 24 hours of the pick-up time of the rental will be subject to a charge of 50% of the full rental cost. In the event of a client no-show, the full rental cost will be charged.
- Unless otherwise stated, recording sessions will not extend past 8 hours in one day or 4 consecutive days. After a maximum of 35 hours of recording time, a session must be resubmitted and put at the end of the scheduling cue.
- Scheduled sessions will be subject to cancellation and/or rescheduling as needed by the recording studio staff.
- Users are guaranteed final ownership of all work done within the Harvey Media Center.
- The Harvey Media Center reserves the right to utilize any material, in-part or whole, for promotional not-for-profit purposes.
- Users are to provide their own method of content delivery (cloud storage, flash drives, CDs, etc).
- Equipment rental is only available to Washington University students, student groups, departments, and full-time staff members employed directly by the University.
- Renters must have a University ID and a WUSTL Key.
- Rental period is limited to a maximum of one week.
- Equipment is rented on a first come, first served basis.
Pickup and drop-off times are as follows:
- Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. in DUC Room 340 or 347.
- Fridays from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. in DUC Room 340 or 347.
All pickup and drop-off is in DUC 340 or 347.
If equipment is returned to any location other than the Harvey Media Center, renters will be charged a $100 abandonment penalty.
Any equipment not returned on the agreed-upon date will be subject to a late penalty of $100 for each additional day late, in addition to any possible fines and/or other disciplinary actions.
Please be sure to check all equipment at the time of pick up, as once it is in your possession, you are responsible for any loss, theft, or damage. Any loss, theft, or damage that is a result of borrower negligence will result in the borrower being either fully or partly responsible for the repair or replacement of the equipment. The amount of borrower responsibility will be determined by the Harvey Media Center team and based on the extent of damage/loss.
- All Student Affairs Departments will receive one basic membership for free each year, with the available hours resetting on July 1. If you need additional rental hours, you can upgrade your membership for the remaining balance between the Basic membership and whichever membership you choose.
- We ask that you utilize the HMC Creative Box folder we’ve provided to store your photos and videos, either recorded using our equipment or not, so we may have access to these materials for future marketing we may create for you.
- We will also provide acccess to the Media Lab for any editing (photo or video) you might need.
- We will do a yearly review with each department to ensure that the appropriate individuals are invited to your HMC Creative Box Folder. If there are individuals who need to be added during the year, please reach out to Harvey Media Center staff.
- All guidelines listed in the Media Rentals section are in full effect for this membership.
- The user has access to their reserved space only during the scheduled session and only by way of Harvey Media Center staff.
- No food or drink in any of the studio spaces.
- The Client is responsible for any damage or loss to the equipment andor studio spaces contained in Harvey Media Center.
- User agrees to indemnify and hold the University, as well as its respective agents, representatives, principals, employees, officers and directors, harmless from and against any loss, damage or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred or suffered by or threatened against the University or any of the foregoing in connection with or as a result of any claim for injury, damage or otherwise brought by or on behalf of any third party person, firm or corporation as a result of or in connection with the engagement, which claim results from the active and willful negligence of User. The University hereby indemnifies and holds User, as well as his respective agents, representatives, principals, employees, officers and directors, harmless from and against any loss, damage or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred or suffered by or threatened against User or any of the foregoing in connection with or as a result of any claim for injury, damage, or otherwise brought by or on behalf of any third party person, firm or corporation as a result of or in connection with the session, which claim results from the active and willful negligence of the University. The University is not liable for any damage to, or loss of any equipment of the User, which is not caused by intentional or negligent acts of the University before, during or after the session.
- Users agree to comply with University policies and procedures at all times during their use of the Studio. Failure to adhere to those policies and procedures may result in the loss of future Studio privileges.
All individuals granted access to the HMC must abide by all policies and guidelines found on this website and within the DUCEM tenant office policy.
- All cards expire on May 25 of each year, per Card Access policies for security purposes.
- It is suggested to HMC tenants that card access requests be made prior to the start of the fall semester, due to the heavy request load that Card Access receives during that timeframe.
- If students require summer access, they will need to request access prior to the May 25 expiration date so there is no break in service.
- Request card access through Google Form
- Access request is received and processed by the Campus Life Media Specialist
- Processed requests are forwarded to the University Card Access office for implementing requests onto requestors cards
- Card Access alerts Media Specialist that PIN numbers are ready for requestor
- Media Specialist will email the group PresidentsGeneral ManagersEditors in Chief and executive board member overseeing personnel with PINs for distribution to requestor
Registered Student Union groups can reserve HMC Media Rentals for free. This does not cover equipment specific to premier spaces or late fees (which are applied to Student Union groups’ fundraising or gifts account.