Need a new LinkedIn profile photo for your job search? Want a fresh head shot for your resume or website? Want to show off your dramatic side?
Harvey Media Center offers portrait photography for WashU students. It’s fast and easy — so check out our photo packages and scroll down to book your session today!
With our portrait service, you’ll receive several shots that are yours — with no copyright or use limitations. Finished photos are normally delivered within two weeks after your session, depending on the service you choose.
Please note that portrait packages are only for individual students.
There are three types of sessions you may book:
Student Studio Headshot
- Cost: $10 (payable by Bear Bucks, cash, or credit/debit at time of session)
- Typically lasts less than 15 minutes
- Your choice of grey “storm clouds” or solid black background
- Seated and/or standing shots
- Option to review at the time of your session and pick the two shots you like most
- Quickest turnaround time for finished photos (generally within one week, often returned same day)
Student Studio Portrait Session
- Cost: $25 (payable by Bear Bucks, cash, or credit/debit at time of session)
- Typically lasts up to 30 minutes
- Explore dramatic lighting and poses
- Great option for personal websites, auditions, etc.
- Photographers reserve the right to reject poses and clothing requests
- In-studio review
- Longer turnaround time for photos (1 to 2 weeks), but up to five distinct shots are returned
Student On-Location Session
- Cost: $40 (payable by Bear Bucks, cash, or credit/debit at time of session)
- Request an indoor or outdoor location on campus
- Typically lasts up to one hour (including travel time)
- More diverse photos and backgrounds
- Dependent on weather and lighting conditions
- No residences or closed buildings
- Photographers reserve the right to reject a location
- Longer turnaround time for photos (1 to 2 weeks), but up to eight distinct shots are returned
You must book an appointment for photo sessions. Studio sessions are held at the Harvey Media Center’s Studio 350, located on the third floor of the Danforth University Center (DUC). Please note that these services are only for those whose primary role at the university is student. Student Affairs staff may book headshot sessions here. Faculty members and staff outside of Student Affairs should contact Public Affairs for photography.
Before you book: Please pick a session you know you can arrive early or on time for. Sessions are held back-to-back, and clients who arrive late will be asked to reschedule, out of respect for the time of other clients.
If you are interested in setting up headshots for your group or campus department, please email Scott Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.